NPI Data Center Program Manager
Mobile Integration Workgroup
- San Francisco, CA
An NPI TPM is responsible for influencing new data center hardware design, integration, tooling & automation readiness for adherence to our data center best practices.
This candidate must possess communication, leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills, plus operations management and analytical skills.
This role will interact with individuals of all levels and requires a dedicated professional to effectively collaborate with internal stakeholders on the full life cycle of new designed hardware entering and exiting our Data Centers.
The ideal candidate has either developed hardware products for enterprise and/or data center applications, hardware manufacturing experience, or experience supporting server or network equipment in a data center environment.
They will use those skills to influence the design of infrastructure products. If you have a strong appetite for technology and enjoy working in small, agile, empowered teams solving complex problems within a high energy, oftentimes chaotic environment then this is the role for you.
- Become conversant in the infrastructure design road map and able to communicate planned changes to the broader Data Center organization
- Become conversant in data center operations and able to communicate operational requirements
- Assess the impact of design changes and evaluate against the project schedule and operational requirements
- Work with internal teams to institutionalize Data Center requirements to their evaluation and preparation of new hardware through the NPI process
- Drive identification, assessment, and execution of ongoing process improvement opportunities for the benefit of equipment reliability, serviceability, and operations productivity
- Engage in larger cross-functional programs from requirements gathering to create program plans from implementing pilots to support testing, systems integration or data center enhancements
- Create and communicate mid to long term strategy for improving data center operability, trend analysis, issue resolution, and compile ongoing service metrics for review with peer teams or suppliers
- BS or BA in engineering or physics, or equivalent technical work experience
- 8+ years of experience in product design, new product introduction (NPI), product engineering, manufacturing engineering, or manufacturing test of compute, storage or networking equipment
- Communication experience in influencing cross-functional teams
- Technical experience with infrastructure, server and storage architecture and components, hardware troubleshooting and diagnosis, and/or hardware manufacturing
- Experience working in, and training in a cross-cultural environment with remote teams
- Technical Program Management
- Program Management, ideally with data centers
- Project Management and Execution
Wednesday, October 2, 2019