Technical Writer - Wireless Network Engineering
Mobile Integration Workgroup
- Redmond, WA
We are looking for candidates who want to join a team working on the latest telecom technologies, based in the Redmond, WA area.
This is an opportunity for you to use your past experience in technical documentation to shape the design, collection, and delivery of documents throughout the development process on numerous projects.
- Capture documentation deliverables for insertion into Design Guides, Operation Guides and Engineering Packages
- Educate the team on documentation best practices to promote the team’s professional growth
- Develop and administer an Atlassian (Wiki) specific to the Next Gen Core (NGC) Program and deliverables.
- Facilitate documentation and deliverables by contributing engineers or test teams
- Proactively engage team resources to ensure deliverables are properly captured and documented
- Work under the direction of Wireless Engineering teams to support assigned tasks involving the analysis of mobility packet core systems; capacity, signaling, dimensioning
- Enforce standards for documentation and configuration management to ensure a high standard of quality
- Drive configuration management within the program to ensure period and accurate check-ins of configuration and releases
- Track and catalog documentation deliverables by the vendor
- Ensure AT&T specific implementation details and services are thoroughly documented for future reference and delivery to internal stakeholders.
- Provide regular status of documentation deliverables
- Delivery packaged/bundled documentation to coincide with releases
- Ensure Wiki resources are up-to-date and possess current information relevant to the project
- Produce reports as requested by the engineering staff for analysis or characterization tasks
- Had responsibility for design, development, and delivery of technical documentation on a major project
- Atlassian (Wiki) specific development and administration experience
- Experience with Structured development management disciplines and standards e.g. Agile, ITIL/ITSMF
- Worked with a high technical team of engineers with continuously evolving schedules and deadlines
- Excellent working knowledge of English grammar and the written language
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively with engineering teams is a must
- Ability to multi-task and manage deadlines; ability to prioritize based on urgency
- Experience writing clear and concise technical documentation for complex topics
- Experience with the following tools: Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft SharePoint, and Microsoft Word (advanced)
- Telecom Industry Experience, especially EPC and gateways
- PMP, Agile or similar certifications
- Engineering Degree/ Bachelors in English, Communication, or a related field or relevant work experience
Mobile Integration Workgroup, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Wednesday, February 12, 2020