EPC /Wireless Core Network Engineer
Mobile Integration Workgroup
- Redmond, WA
Wireless Network Core Engineer is responsible for the integration testing of EPC core and engineering activities supporting Wireless Core System Integration Test group. This candidate plays a key role in setting up System Integration testing lab, Testing EPC core and certify EPC core elements in network. The Wireless Network Core Engineer creates strategic test plans that ensure standards conformance, performance and stability of Wireless EPC products in network ensuring the highest levels of customer and operational satisfaction. Technologies you will be supporting include, EPC (e-NodeB, MME, PCRF, HSS, P-GW, S-GW), Routers, Gateways, Service Provider Wi-Fi networks, and many other new technologies developed by key standards and committees. Through understanding of LTE interface standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Participates in engineering design reviews, network planning, network architecture and product handoff meetings.
- Integrates and schematically depicts communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete LTE network configurations
- Evaluates and certify Implementation Guide (IG), Method of Procedures (MOP), configurations for EPC core products, perform E2E core testing and generate Test reports.
Skills / Abilities and Knowledge
- Should have excellent knowledge in Design & Troubleshoot LTE EPC core Networks, WiFi, In-Home Router industry standards and design/ implementation (IPv4 / IPv6, TR-069, IPSEC, QoS, 802.11).
- Excellent knowledge of 3GPP standards (GSM, UMTS, HSPA, LTE), 3GPP2 (1xRTT / EVDO) and/or OMA.
- Experience developing automation utilizing TCL, PERL, and Python programming languages.
- Experience in testing and troubleshooting IP core network and E2E LTE Core networks .
- Must have excellent knowledge with LTE interface standards and protocols (GTP, X2AP, Diameter, S1, S6x, S4, Gx, Rx, SIP, SDP, RTP, H323 etc.)
- Should have knowledge of various Network adjuncts and services i.e. AAA, Diameter, EAP, PDSN, LTE Data, VoLTE, GRE, Soft GRE, L2TP, CAPWEP.
- Experience using protocol communications test equipment and tools (protocol analyzers, CDMA / LTE system simulators, wifi analyzers and packet sniffers).
- Understanding and/or experience working with the following is a plus: - DLNA, UPnP, oneM2M architecture - RRC, NAS, SIP, IMS, OSGI, and DHCP.
- Must possess excellent industry knowledge and theoretical understanding of 3GPP, IEEE 802.11 specifications (a/b/g/n/ac, SISO, MIMO, MCS index).
- Experience with testing and Quality Assurance of all Layers 1 thru 7 networks
- Experience developing automation scripts utilizing TCL, PERL, and Python programming languages.
- Experience writing and developing detailed test cases and test plans
- Extensive hands-on networking experience (LTE, 802.11 AP’s, Cable Gateways, Routers, Switches, etc.)
- Experience with network test equipment, such as Ixia, Spirent, Fluke Networks, IBB, Spectrum Analyzers, Site Survey Planning tools, and Traffic Generators.
Mobile Integration Workgroup, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Thursday, May 23, 2019