IT Project Manager
MJ Morgan Group
- Baltimore, MD
** 6 Month Contract **
The IT Project Manager is a key facilitator within the organization, providing professional project management and oversight for corporate initiatives to ensure the quality of project deliverables on-time and within budget.This role ensures best practices are utilized relating to planning, organizing, and resource management while achieving specific project goals and objectives within the triple constraint (cost, time, and quality).
- Manages concurrently, 2 – 3 major (100K or greater budget) and 1 – 2 minor (under 100K budget) projects.
- Manages projects across more than 1 Business Unit platform.
- Manages project lifecycle methodology from initiation to closure.
- Manages project expectations with team members and stakeholders.
- Manages and assists with the identification of risks, issues and roadblocks, and facilitates for resolution.
- Manages scope in order to maintain defined accepted deliverables.
- Manages, tracks, and communicates through reports and discussions, project milestones and deliverable progress.
- Manages and delegates tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Manages and communicates to upper management status of project specifics to schedule, costs and quality.
- Develops and maintains full-scale project plans utilizing the @Task tool.
- Acquires resources and coordinates the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Accountable for on-time, on-budget, high quality project deliverables.
- Builds and maintains working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects.
- Identifies and assists to resolve project issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Leads and directs the work of others.
- Liaises with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Business Administration, Computer Science, Finance, or Information Technology.
- PMP certification is preferred.
- Ecommerce experience is preferred.
- 5+ years experience directly managing software projects of significant scale and complexity.
- Proven project managements skills in overseeing the design, development, and/or implementation of system-related projects.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to explain technical information to a wide variety of technical and non-technical individuals in a clear and accurate manner.
- Self-directed and works well under minimal direction.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Project or other scheduling tool.
Wednesday, February 6, 2019