MJ Morgan Group
- Baltimore, MD
Excellent opportunity for a Purchasing Manager in South Baltimore. This role is responsible for the procurement of all products and services from suppliers for production or resale to customers. This involves sourcing, purchasing, inventory management and price negotiations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for sourcing of all products, supplies, and equipment. Manages the company’s relationship with suppliers. Evaluates and recommends new/substitute vendors, when necessary. Sets up supplier accounts for credit etc.
- Prepares and issues purchase orders; determines and negotiates prices, delivery and credit terms; buys according to established company policies and procedures; maintains accurate purchasing records.
- Evaluates inventory reorder levels and quantity price breaks to determine most economical purchasing of inventory and supplies.
- Monitors and prepares customer bids. This includes negotiating pricing with suppliers, filling out all bid documents, questions, amendments, etc.Responsible for Bids and contracts won including set up of all requirements and follow through with pricing, and paperwork requirements of bids.
- Handles end of month tasks and duties: review and correct cost discrepancies and corrections on the monthly product class profit report, Manage end of month inventory discrepancies and transfers between MCC and CSC. Ensure all invoices paid to suppliers are correct and paid. Make sure all directs have been properly billed (get supplier invoices that are outstanding or weights tickets so we can bill directs promptly) Handle all supplier billing issues, wrong price, wrong amounts, etc.
- Performs other purchasing or inventory control duties as necessary or as requested.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
5+ years of relevant experience
Thursday, January 10, 2019