Manager, Quality Assurance (Food)
MJ Morgan Group
- Alexandria, VA
Excellent opportunity for a skilled Quality Assurance Manager experienced in the food industry.
Must have a degree in food science and at least 5 years experience in USDA food plant.
SQF certification a plus.
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for all tasks related to Food Quality and Food Safety. Identify the need for improvement of current programs and implement the necessary changes while properly communicating with the QA and Production Management.
- Performs general daily Quality Control tasks based on established procedures.
- Monitors food processing procedures by all plant personnel to ensure regulatory compliance while producing premium full-cooked products.
- Assist with food safety and quality audits performed by regulatory agencies (USDA, FDA, Health Department,) and third party certifying auditing companies, and customers’ audits.
- Performs release inspections on incoming materials; in process and finished product to ensure that quality standards and process controls are being met.
- Supports calibration and preventative maintenance programs.
- Participates in writing non-conformance investigations and implementing corrective action plans.
- Investigate customer complaints and internal non-conformities while working with all operations departments, determine root cause analysis, implement corrective action and follow up on the efficiency of the changes made.
- Review production and quality control records; ensure that corrective actions are taken as needed.
- Ensure that the plant is operating in accordance with federal regulations, customer requirements and certification standards. Educate all departments to those standards and audit processes and procedures to identify and address gaps.
- Provide technical assistance to customers and Sales as needed and if applicable.
- Answer customer complaints after proper investigation has been performed.
- Prepare for and conduct customer and federal agency audits.
- Maintain written programs and policies as well as HACCP.
- Oversee some or all pre-requisite programs (maintenance, supplier approval, pest control, sanitation, environmental and product testing, allergen programs).
- Supervise and train staff
Apply today to learn more!
Monday, January 13, 2020