Charge Master Coordinator
MJ Morgan Group
- Annapolis, MD
Seeking a ChargeMaster Coordinator to maintain the chargemaster, educate departments on appropriate charging practice and perform internal audits to ensure compliance with policy, laws, and regulations.
Charge Master Coordinator Job Duties:
- Investigative strategies with the functional units to ensure patient services are documented and billed for in accordance with State and Federal regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the is accurate, up-to-date, and compliant with all regulations.
- Review, update, coordinate and formulate policies and procedures regarding compliance related charge practices to ensure consistency and compliance.
- Develop annual charge master work plan.
- Identify audit-related problems. Develop solutions and formulate appropriate recommendations.
- Prepare and submit reports on the results of audits, recommending improvements in policies and procedures.
- Research billing and coding regulations for potential new services.
- Prepare various regulatory reports and special projects as requested by the Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or other related field equivalent combination of education and experience is required. MBA, CPA or Master’s Degree in Finance preferred.
- Two years of financial analysis experience, or equivalent, is required.
- Knowledge of Medicare billing and third-party payor coding and billing regulations.
- Work requires specialized clinical knowledge such as nursing protocols (Medical Terminology, Biology or Anatomy) and general financial information.
Friday, March 8, 2019