MJ Morgan Group
- Linthicum Heights, MD
Seeking a Payroll Lead in Linthicum Heights, MD!
The Payroll Lead will be responsible for overseeing, reviewing, and coordinating daily work activities for the payroll department.
Payroll Lead Responsibilities:
- Contribute to performance evaluations, interviewing, and enforcing departmental rules.
- Conduct new employee orientation and training as needed.
- Develop employee work schedules to maintain adequate staffing levels.
- Audit the work of the Payroll staff ensuring that all work is completed accurately and timely.
- Offer guidance and direction and assists the Payroll staff with difficult payroll issues.
- Coordinate the work of the Payroll staff in developing payroll-related reports for various departments.
- Process, calculate and verify weekly time records for the state and employees regarding payment and leave balances in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Review and correct time records for coding accuracy before processing.
- Follow-up to assure that appropriate forms and statements for changes in payroll and/or leave are completed.
- Prepare payroll adjustment sheets, by calculating gross income and necessary tax deductions.
- Review and process more complicated time records, involving more complex calculations and special considerations.
- Verify information input into the HRIS by HR regarding employee data changes, including changes in personal information, salary, job title, transfers, and other pertinent information for accuracy and completeness.
- Respond to and resolve inquiries referred by payroll staff regarding more complex pay and leave questions.
- Investigate employee/supervisor questions.
- Respond to concerns regarding direct deposit.
- Contact bank regarding accounts and routing numbers, stopping payments on accounts, as necessary.
- Develop, update and maintain special computer reports for recording and tracking pay/position-related information on employees.
- Conduct training sessions for payroll staff, supervisors and department heads pertaining to procedures and benefits about payroll.
- Provide instruction on coding time sheets and monitoring employee leave availability.
Payroll Lead Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) is required. Two years of course work from an accredited college or university in Finance or Accounting preferred.
- Five years of experience performing payroll processing duties, including experience in preparing salary and wage garnishments and completing government-required tax forms.
- Lead worker/supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of state, local and federal tax laws and regulations, general/routine accounting practices (bookkeeping) is required.
Wednesday, June 19, 2019