MJ Morgan Group
- Sparks Glencoe, MD
Seeking a Senior Accountant in Sparks Glencoe, MD. This position is responsible for collaborating with financial and operational team members to facilitate the close process, managing actual to budgeted results on a monthly basis, and actively managing departmental costs and financial needs.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities:
- Manage the complete general ledger month-end close.
- Present balance sheet and income statement results and analysis to the Controller.
- Responsible for the preparation of select general ledger entries and reconciliations for multiple business units during month-end close.
- Analyze financial statements on a monthly basis and reporting on variances, including
- Preparation of monthly account analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Assist with monthly financial reviews.
- Provide recommendations for internal controls and operational improvements across departments.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual reporting and audit requirements.
- Provide support to the Controller and Accounting Managers.
Senior Accountant Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- Minimum of four years of experience in accounting
- Prefer accounting experience in large to mid-size companies
- CPA preferred
- National or large regional public accounting experience
- Excel proficiency including vlookups and pivot table analysis
- Corporate close experience, including experience with General Ledger and reporting systems
Tuesday, May 14, 2019