MJ Morgan Group
- Columbia, MD
Seeking a Medical Assistant to join well-established health care system in the Columbia, MD area,
- Preferably previous primary care experience
- Can take vitals manually if needed
- Certified BLS and CPR
- Certified Medical Assistant credentialed from the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA). Or National Health Career Association or another nationally recognized credentialing organization.
- Previous experience obtaining insurance authorization for tests, procedures, and prescription refills as well as knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 coding.
- Assists with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician.
- Assists with treatments ordered by physician as supervised by physician or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
Tuesday, August 16, 2022