Accounts Payable Specialist
MJ Morgan Group
- Baltimore, MD
The Accounts Payable Specialist to be responsible for processing all invoices received for payment and for undertaking the payment of all creditors in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.
Accounts Payable Specialist Responsibilities
- Handle all vendor correspondence via phone or email.
- Prepare non-inventory purchase order requisitions.
- Attach the corresponding purchase orders to incoming invoices with all supporting documentation.
- Investigate and resolves problems associated with the processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Prepare batch check runs, wire transfers, and ACH transactions.
- Assist with monthly status reports and monthly closings.
- Reconcile various accounts by identifying errors in postings.
- Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- File, maintain, and distribute accounting documents, records, and reports.
- Perform other duties as required to support Accounting Department.
Accounts Payable Specialist Requirements
The Accounts Payable Specialist will need the following to perform the job successfully:
- Proven experience in Accounts Payable
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Dynamics.
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
This position is a temporary position.
Friday, March 8, 2019