MJ Morgan Group
- Jessup, MD
Global manufacturing facility is seeking an Advanced Designer to join their Baltimore location.This person will be responsible for delivering complex design. These designs should meet functional and manufacturability requirements while maintaining accuracy.
- Design complex sub-assemblies and small scope product modules independently with general direction of design intent.
- Explore the impact that proposed design will have on other subsystems, parts and assemblies
- Maintain detailed record of all work.
- Lead collaborative discussions with other designers to share design ideas
- Follow all established design standards and suggest addition/improvement when they are needed.
- Provide support for Special Design Quote Sign off Process.
- Support product improvement and cost-out opportunities
- Participate with New Product Development project teams on pilots.
- Address and resolve corrective action to standard documentation.
- Provide support for Marketing, Application and Sales, manufacturing and Warranty Services.
- Develop tool to manage variation in Job Support Requests.
- Estimate scope of work and design time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering OR Technical certificate with 3 Years’ Experience
- Proficiency in 3D modeling software
- 2D AutoCAD (or equivalent)
- Proficient with Excel
- Sheet metal design experience
- Mistake proof design (Poka-yoke)
- DFMA design (design for manufacturing & assembly)
- Available to travel domestically and internationally up to 10%
- Have close visual acuity to perform 3D computer modeling
- Inventor Experience
- Highly Variable product design
- Vault knowledge
- HVAC experience
Tuesday, November 27, 2018