Construction Project Manager
MJ Morgan Group
- Atlanta, GA
Job Summary:Under the direction of either a Senior Project Manager or the Project Executive, the Project Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of commercial construction projects over the entire project life (initiate, plan, execute, control, close).
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare result-oriented work plans.
- Ensure projects are constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
- Ensure all company, client and project policies, procedures and standards are adhered to.
- Negotiate and prepare purchase orders, subcontracts, requisitions, change requests or claims.
- Verify and process subcontractor and owner pay requisitions on a timely basis.
- Produce profitability and forecasting reports in a timely manner.
- Develop and assemble closeout documents (as built drawings, operating manuals, shop drawings, guarantees, etc.)
- Provide clear leadership to project team.
- Perform additional tasks or functions in response to directions and priorities set by supervising manager.
Sills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Four-year civil engineering or construction science degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or experience.
- Eight to ten years progressive project management experience in the commercial construction industry.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, methods); craft agreements, negotiations; engineering principles, cost control schedules and safety required.
- Must have experience in fast track mid-rise or high-rise commercial projects in excess of $20 million.
- Must have superior verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and at least four years experience negotiating with Owners, subcontractors and vendors.
- Must be computer literate with experience in MS Office, four years of scheduling experience utilizing
- Primavera project management software and one year of Prolog management software.
Monday, November 26, 2018