Chronic Care Nurse Practitioner
MJ Morgan Group
- Baltimore, MD
Currently seeking Chronic Care Nurse Practitioner to fill a NP role with a chronic care patient centered medical center in Baltimore, MD. The ideal candidate will hold a degree from an accredited school of nursing, have a valid Nurse Practitioner (NP) license and experience with patients who have multiple chronic medical conditions.
Responsibilities of the Chronic Care Nurse Practitioner
- Focus on the management and improvement of health for patients with multiple chronic medical conditions.
- Perform physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of the Physician.
- Order, interpret and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s clinical problems and health care needs.
- Record physical findings and formulate a plan and prognosis based on the patient’s condition.
- Develop strong transitional care plans and keep track of paneled patients along the whole continuum of care.
- Perform other nursing duties as required consistent with chronic care and disease management services provided to patients.
Requirements of the Chronic Care Nurse Practitioner
- Degree from an accredited school of nursing
- Licensed Nurse Practitioner in the state of Maryland.
- Experience with patients who have multiple chronic medical conditions, i.e. CHF, COPD/Asthma, HTN, Diabetes, Chronic Renal Failure, etc
- Knowledge of managed care and insurance processes, preferred
- Comfortable with and the ability to treat the acutely ill in an outpatient setting offering IV hydration, IV antibiotics, wound care and other services with the collaboration of a supervising physician
- Experience with the management of Medicare, Medicaid and commercial populations
- Current AANPCP, BLS and ACLS Certification
Posted On: Wednesday, August 7, 2019