Assistant Project Manager
MJ Morgan Group
- Hunt Valley, MD
Seeking an Assistant Construction Project Manager in the Baltimore area.
The Assistant Project Manager will support the senior Project Manager in all construction activities, project procurement, control and scheduling, preparing meeting minutes, job safety reports, quality assurance, and change order monitoring.
Required Degrees, Licenses and Certifications: Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University or minimum 5 years progressive and position related work experience in construction industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in preparing instructions and coordinate bidding process; review subcontractor bids for conformance and qualifications.
- Confer with the Project Superintendent and others to provide input for the pre-bid and master construction schedule.
- Implement assigned duties with an exceptional level of accuracy, timeliness and cost effectiveness.
- Become familiar with each estimate to fully support its integrity.
- Prepare subcontracts, purchase orders, and change order requests to be reviewed by the Project Manager.
- Review the subcontract pre-billing worksheet, monthly progress payment request, and monitor payment receipts and disbursements.
- Monitor all outstanding Owner change orders and change order requests.
- Works side by side with employees in the field to obtain first hand know–how.
- Flexible work hours
- Process daily work tickets, material invoices, receipts and delivery tickets and input data in system and project specific invoices.
- Create and monitor simple schedules using Microsoft Project
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective and professional working relationships with our workforce, project managers, Owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who works well in a team environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines
Friday, September 3, 2021