MJ Morgan Group
- Baltimore, MD
Currently seeking an experienced Staff Accountant for a great opportunity in Baltimore, MD. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for performing general bookkeeping, maintaining financial reports, and preparing and analyzing budgets.
Responsibilities of Staff Accountant
- Ensure that the sub-ledgers are interfaced to the general ledger in a timely manner. Prepare and post recurring journal entries to the GL monthly.
- Reconcile balance sheets and income statement accounts.
- Assist with the preparation/review of monthly finance reports.
- Participate in audit functions as requested.
- Aid in complying with licensing, governmental, and other regulatory entities.
Requirements of Staff Accountant
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Sound mathematical, technical, and analysis skills.
- Results-oriented and adapts rapidly to new situations or information warranting attention.
- Communicates effectively both in oral and written form
- Comfortable and effective at presenting information and speaking to groups
- Possesses strong knowledge of financial/accounting software, such as Sage300 ERP, or related accounting software
- Strong MS skills, particularly with Excel and Word.
Monday, July 15, 2019