MJ Morgan Group
- Baltimore, MD
Seeking a Staff Accountant in Baltimore, MD!
The Staff Accountant will be required to work closely with the Operations Department on inventory control as well as with the Accounts Receivable department. The initial drive of this position will be to assist in the management of collections and work with the Accounts Receivable Manager to oversee the Accounts Receivable aging.
- Assist in the monthly close, including creating and entering journal entries
- Assist in producing monthly internal financial statements
- Analyze variances and review accounting transactions for appropriate treatment
- Assist with annual audits
- Assist in maintaining fixed asset records and depreciation schedule
- Provide support and coverage for AP, AR, Payroll and other accounting staff as necessary
- Manage the company credit card and employee expense reports
- Assist with creation of annual budget
- Create spreadsheets to model various business scenarios
- Perform financial analysis to support special projects and company initiatives
- Participate on cross-functional teams
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting principles and procedures
- 3+ years’ experience with general ledger functions and the month-end close process
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Ability to research, compile, analyze and interpret data
- 3+ years’ experience in manufacturing environment inclusive of product costing, bills of material, production routing, and inventory control. Ability to interact with senior management is required.
- Experience with Lansa ERP a plus
Monday, June 10, 2019