MJ Morgan Group
- Columbia, MD
Currently recruiting for a Senior Accountant in Columbia, MD. This role will report to and work closely with the Controller to prepare, review and deliver timely and accurate financial and operating information to the internal and external leadership teams on a recurring basis.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities:
- Lead the monthly financial statement close process, ensuring that all financial transactions are recorded accurately and timely.
- Analyze and review financial statements and variances.
- Perform month-end general ledger close activities.
- Prepare, review and analyze balance sheet and income statement account reconciliations to include analysis commentary for management.
- Provide guidance and support to the treasury management function.
- Prepare the monthly reporting packages including analysis of current actual results to prior period actual results to budget for internal management reporting and external reporting.
- Provide audit support and assist in the compilation of information to external auditors.
- Reviews and develops policies and procedures to ensure SOX compliance.
- Proactively identify, initiate and complete process improvements within the Finance team.
- Day to day supervisory responsibilities may include direct or dotted-line management of accounts payable and/or accounts receivable staff.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
- Master's Degree or CPA
- At least 5 years' experience in accounting, financial reporting or related field. Preferably in Public Accounting, or related industry experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of US GAAP
- Advanced Excel skills including PowerPivots, macros and advanced formulas.
- Process improvement oriented.
- Relevant certifications (CISA, CFE).
- Experience with ERP system Microsoft Dynamics.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Access.
Monday, April 8, 2019
$70k - $90k with a 10% bonus