Computer & Network Support Technician
MJ Morgan Group
- Hunt Valley, MD
Seeking a full-time Computer & Network Support Tech to interface directly with clients, provide excellent customer service and document work performed. Serving in a consultant- type role, this person will recommend, develop and implement hardware and software systems.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Manage IT needs for clients including network infrastructure, workstations (desktop support) and servers.
- Manage and maintain backups, and provide regular reports of their status.
- Manage and maintain antivirus deployments, and provide regular reports of their status.
- Deploy new workstations, servers and networks.
- Work with clients and vendors to recommend hardware and software solutions.
- Implement systems for monitoring, reporting and verification of client systems' health.
- Perform recurring workstation and server maintenance.
- Provide email support and migration to clients on Windows, OS X, Android and iOS.
- Perform bench-level repair for any equipment that can not be serviced on site.
NECESSARY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least five years of professional technical experience. Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Ability to work with high profile and very demanding clients.
- Understanding of professional standards when dealing with clients and colleagues (includes written and verbal communication).
- Immaculate task management and project follow-up skills, including the ability to handle last-minute requests while staying on track with projects.
- Excellent communication, documentation, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent customer service skills including interactions with clients and vendors.
- Excellent desktop support skills, data recovery and migration skills (including email) and virus/malware removal skills.
- Strong understanding of SMTP transactions and email protocols.
- Strong understanding of network hardware and concepts, including routers, switches, wireless access points and NAS devices.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to stay on task with many concurrent projects.
- Ability to keep manager and other team members informed about changes affecting clients and/or projects.
- Ability to work independently and in a team with minimal supervision.
- Ability to diagnose and repair hardware issues with desktops and laptops.
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and concepts.
- Experience and understanding of RAID technology.
- Experience and understanding of wireless technology and implementations of multi-access point setups.
- Experience with administering, migrating and performing disaster recovery of Windows Server and Exchange.
- Familiarity with all versions of Microsoft Outlook and Exchange.
- Reliable transportation as daily frequent travel is required.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
EXCEPTIONAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THESE ADDITIONAL SKILLS
- Advanced knowledge of networking concepts and implementations including VPN (client and tunnels), DHCP, DNS, VLAN, and subnets.
- Familiarity with virtualization environments, bootable PE media, backup software, antivirus software, QuickBooks, Legal and Accounting applications
Tuesday, January 15, 2019