Sr. Tax Associate
MJ Morgan Group
- Rockville, MD
Currently seeking a Tax Associate in Rockville, MD. The position is responsible for the preparation and review of tax returns, including ensuring all federal and state income tax returns are prepared timely and accurately and in compliance with applicable laws. The position is also responsible for 1099 year-end tax information reporting.
Tax Associate Responsibilities
- Tax return preparation: Prepare corporate, individual, partnership and private foundation tax returns, including preparation of work papers and lead sheets; preparation of tax projections and related estimated payments; analyze client information and offer recommendations for reducing client tax liabilities; perform tax research.
- Assist in preparation of our clients’ 1099 (1099-B, INT and DIV) year-end tax information reporting, including reviewing, recommending, and adjusting client year-end tax reports.
- General accounting for client business’ to be used in preparing income tax returns, including preparation of trial balances and related adjusting journal entries; preparing deposits and disbursement requests.
- Stay current on the latest tax law changes.
Tax Associate Qualifications:
- Experience using:
- Thomson Reuters UltraTax
- CCH® ProSystemfx® Tax
- Quickbooks (both Desktop and Online)
- CCH® ProSystem fx® Engagement
- BNA Income Tax Planner™
- Government contracting accounting is a HUGE plus.
Friday, February 8, 2019