MJ Morgan Group
- Baltimore, MD
Our client is seeking a Payroll Specialist. The perfect candidate will assist the payroll supervisor in preparing payroll using routine procedures to calculate working hours, tax deductions, and pay irregularities.
- Work closely with Supervisor on special projects. Verify accuracy of employee payments.
- Resolve inquiries regarding pay and leave questions.
- Explain payroll calculations and deductions to employees.
- Answer inquiries about salary, annual income, workers compensation, and miscellaneous employee pay info.
- Input data from Employee Data Change Forms. Process information that is entered by the HR department.
- Review payroll changes prior to releasing batches of data from Payroll for production.
- Monitor leave balances for each employee. Distribute Leave Report with the times used and available for each department.
- Reviews employee time submitted by various departments for accuracy.
- Calculates and verifies overtime, adjustments, payment and leave balances.
- Calculation tax deductions, benefits and other deductions for any changes.
- Distributes payroll checks and direct deposit slips to individual departments.
- Generate emergency checks.
- Process cancellations on pay checks.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) is required.
- 3 years of experience in full cycle payroll.
Wednesday, October 3, 2018