Vice President of Accounting
MJ Morgan Group
- Sparks Glencoe, MD
Currently seeking a Vice President of Accounting in Sparks Glencoe. The position will oversee the accurate and timely completion of financial statements prepared in accordance with GAAP. This individual will also lead the accounting team in the definition, collection, reporting the analysis of financial information.
Vice President of Accounting Responsibilities
- Manage accounting team members to ensure accurate and timely completion of the monthly close process.
- Responsible for overall review & preparation of monthly financial statements, closing schedules such as reconciliations and variance analysis.
- Oversee the general ledger month-end close and presentation of financial results to financial, operational and executive management.
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions and financial reporting.
- Partner with the Billing and Collections group to develop and enhance revenue recognition policies and procedures.
- Develop an improved understanding and ability to identify reimbursement and rate changes and explain causes and potential action plans.
- Ensure that bank reconciliations and balance sheet account reconciliations are completed on a timely basis.
- Assist in the development of accurate and reasonable budgets and forecasts.
- Assist in the development of financial analysis tools and provide relevant information to evaluate company operations, ventures or special projects, billing and collections, labor efficiency, capital expenditures, etc.
- Interface with audit firm(s), banks and lessors, casualty/liability insurance agents, credit card companies, and other third parties or vendors.
- Provide recommendations for internal controls and operational improvements across departments and operating entities as identified.
Vice President of Accounting Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CPA required
- Minimum of ten years of progressive experience in accounting
- Prefer accounting experience in large to mid-size companies
- Experience in the preparation of financial statements
- Prefer minimum 5-7 years’ experience in a manager position
Thursday, April 11, 2019