MJ Morgan Group
- Baltimore, MD
Currently seeking a Cost Accountant in Baltimore, MD!
The Cost Accountant is responsible for performing general ledger account and bank statement reconciliation, preparing journal entries and financial statements, creating and maintaining fixed asset system, assisting with annual budgeting, and expenditures reporting.
Cost Accountant Responsibilities:
- Participate in the month end close process, prepare monthly journal entries, variance analysis, and expense trending.
- Review and prepare various account reconciliations including variance analysis and issue resolution and monthly balance sheet workbook preparation.
- Document current processes, identify areas for process improvement and create solutions.
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly Management Reports.
- Assist in the preparation of audit schedules and support.
- Perform banking activities that relate to check runs (ACH, wires and positive pay).
Cost Accountant Qualifications:
- B.S. Accounting/finance related
- 5 plus years’ experience
- Excellent Excel skills, including proficient use of Pivot Tables, V-lookup, and embedded formulas
- Strong management/supervisory exposure.
- Experience with Lansa ERP a plus
- Experience in manufacturing environment inclusive of product costing, bills of material, production routing, and inventory control.
Thursday, July 25, 2019