MJ Morgan Group
- Baltimore, MD
Currently seeking a Corporate Controller in Baltimore, MD. The ideal candidate will be responsible is responsible for corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as the development of internal control policies and procedures.
Corporate Controller Responsibilities:
- Assist in defining and maintaining a GAAP compliant, accrual-based accounting function.
- Lead a timely monthly close process and issue accurate financial statements.
- Maintain internal controls and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, receivables, payables and capital expenditures.
- Assist with the conversion to a systemwide ERP system in 2019.
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Monitor and confirm financial condition by conducting audits.
- Prepare budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
Corporate Controller Qualifications:
- 8+ years of related accounting/finance experience
- BA/BS degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred but not required
- A high degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite and ERP systems such as NetSuite, Intacct, and/or MS Dynamics
- ERP integration of acquired businesses
Monday, September 9, 2019