MJ Morgan Group
- Towson, MD
Excellent opportunity for an Electrical Engineer with an established and growing MEP firm focused on architectural and building engineering.
- Maryland Professional Engineer’s License
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in electrical/ architectural/ building engineering
- Sound technical foundation
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Technical oversight and management.
- Responsible for overall project development, including scope/fee estimate and financial project management, from inception to completion with minimum supervision.
- Serve in a production capacity designing electrical building systems for a wide variety of facilities.
- Responsible for preparation and/or coordination of electrical engineering studies, such as life cycle cost analysis, operating cost analysis, utility company program/studies, and due diligence reports.
- Construction administration duties, which include RFI responses, shop drawing review, and site visits.
- Develop and maintain a proficient working knowledge of all company computer operations, including latest version of AutoCAD®.Revit/BIM software experience a plus.
- Efficiently and effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Coordination of projects with Owners/Clients
- Coordinate design/drafting personnel needs.
- Supervise project design and review construction progress.
- Establish and maintain project scheduling.
- Prepare project specifications.
- Quality Control review of projects prepared by other company design teams.
- Attend project meetings/coordination meetings/progress meetings.
- Prepare Meeting Minutes, Field Reports, Record of Telephone Conversation, correspondence, etc. per company standard documents.
- Review/coordinate work of other departments (i.e. mechanical, electrical).
- Obtain additional "industry" registrations/certifications such as Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional (LEED AP), etc.
- Develop/maintain office standards (details, schedules, forms, etc.).
- Instruct/teach new and advancing employees.
- Assist with marketing, public relations, client development and client maintenance.
Wednesday, March 20, 2019