Construction Project Manager
MJ Morgan Group
- Windsor Mill, MD
Mid-Atlantic commercial real estate To provide management oversight for all phases of Commercial Interior Construction projects, including the coordination of trade workers, sub-contractors, material and equipment, and to ensure that specifications are being followed and work is proceeding on schedule and within a budget.
- Develop a cost effective plan and schedule for the completion of tenant improvement projects.
- Select and coordinate the daily work of sub-contractors working on various phases of multiple fit-out projects being completed simultaneously.
- Understand architectural and engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed to meet the needs of the clients.
- Responsible for the proper oversight of all work associated with construction contracts and lease agreements.
- Bid work and prepare detailed project estimates.
- Track and control construction schedules and associated costs to achieve completion of projects within the time and budgets that have been allocated.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain quality control throughout a project.
- Process all paperwork, change orders, proposals as well as approving bills to be paid.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and project status progress and cost tracking reports.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, tenants, contractors, leasing agents, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, phasing, and value engineering opportunities.
- Commercial Interiors experience – minimum of 5 years or more of experience supervising construction projects.
- General knowledge of all construction trades and best practices of building methods.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering a plus.
- Effective leadership and strong written and verbal communication skills a priority.
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Ability to communicate with members of the project team on a daily basis including weekends and nights.
- Regular attendance onsite is an essential function of the job.
- Estimating, scheduling, some field experience with solid customer service
Friday, October 8, 2021