MJ Morgan Group
- Baltimore, MD
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Ability to proficiently perform the following craft functions to include but not limited: Troubleshoot and repair of complex mechanical and electrically controlled machines or equipment within a fast paced automated manufacturing environment.Follow all GMP and Food Safety policy to protect product integrity and quality.
- Work in a safe manner, be able to properly use, care and maintain all tools and equipment, and keep work area and shop clean.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and understand Safety procedures, SOPs, blue prints, schematics, and technical manuals.
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately diagnose and repair assigned equipment or system failures to minimize downtime in an effort to achieve production efficiency objectives.
- Assist supervision with routine maintenance issues by maintaining normal production operations throughout the production line.
- Demonstrate the ability to follow instructions and cooperate well with others.
- Demonstrate the job skills and job knowledge to perform all duties required and expected of the Maintenance Mechanic position.
- Timely and professional response to service calls for help to diagnose and resolve production stoppages and equipment failures.
- Inform supervision of any issues occurring during assigned shift that should be reported and communicated to others.
- Inform supervision and or parts manager of any needed spare parts, replacement parts and materials necessary to maintain proper inventories.
- Notify maintenance supervision of any equipment issues that require follow-up work.
- Embrace and promote timely completion of preventive maintenance, work requests, and other types of company work orders.
- Complete planned and unplanned work assignments in a safe and timely manner
- Embrace and promote an environment of teamwork between peers, maintenance associates, operators, company associates, contractors, OEM representatives and supervision.
- Successfully complete all assigned training requirements.
- Actively support company goals, missions, and programs.
- 2 years or more experience in industrial maintenance (Process manufacturing, Bottling and or Packaging).
- Demonstrate sound mechanic skills including, but not limited to mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of Bakery production and packaging equipment.
- Good organizational skills (Timely completing work assignments, Maintain toolbox/tool cart in good working condition and follow through).
- Knowledge of OSHA & MOSH Safety programs that apply to industrial applications to help maintain a safe working environment.
- Good oral communication skills, demonstrate cooperation, teamwork & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain systems and equipment, including but not limited to, Steam Boilers, Air Compressors, HVAC Systems, Industrial Piping Systems, Water Treatment Systems, Mixing Vessels, and Fork Lifts.
- Pipe fitting, which includes repair and installation of copper, plastic, steel, and iron piping systems.
- Metal fabrication and welding utilizing available machine shop and welding equipment including Drill Press, Brake and Shear, as well as proficiently operate Gas Tungsten Arc, Plasma Arc, and Oxy Fuel Gas welding equipment
- Perform chemical analysis of boiler effluent and heating systems fluids and adjust chemical
REQUIRED Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent minimum
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Technical training; exposure to high-speed automated equipment.
- 4+ years of related maintenance experience in Food, Beverage or other comparable packaging and production equipment and machines.
Monday, August 26, 2019