MJ Morgan Group
- Baltimore, MD
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Maintenance Supervisor is accountable for all maintenance functions for the entire facility during his/her daily shift.The incumbent will coordinate his/her area activities utilizing current industry practices to be effective in meeting company goals and objectives.The incumbent will also serve as the shift’s technical expert in matters of technical discipline. The Maintenance Supervisor will assign and prioritize the work of direct reports. He/she will demonstrate a total commitment to carryout assignments, job duties and responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
This position requires the following:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 5 years practical experience in the industrial maintenance field, which must include working with automation technologies. (PLCs, HMIs, VFDs and etc.)
- Five (5) years working in a manufacturing industry i.e., food processing, chemical, beverage/bottling, Dairy or Baking.
- Practical knowledge of Safety rules and regulations in the work place.
- Demonstrate leadership ability.(minimum three years supervisory experience)
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in repair and maintenance of an industrial facility.
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting motor control circuitry, and instrumentation used for controls, monitoring and measurement.
Ability to interpret various forms of blueprints, schematics, drawings, ladder logic, or technical manuals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer knowledge for processing and data entry.
- Windows operating environment
- Microsoft office suite
- Internet and e-mail
- Ability to work well with individuals of various disciplines (internal and external).
- High level of confidence and attention to detail.
- Practical knowledge of Current Good Manufacturing Practices for the manufacture, processing, packing, holding of fresh bakery goods.
- Practical knowledge of OHSA regulations in relation to area of discipline.
- Formal studies/training as part of an Associates, Diploma, or trade program.
- Pipe fitting, soldering and brazing
- Welding and Fabrication techniques
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) program edit ability
Five (5) years working in the Food, Baking and Beverage industry.
(Activities performed/accomplished by the incumbent as opposed to those functions performed through subordinates.List in order of priority/importance of time allocated to each function.)
- Supervise the timely completion of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks.
- Plan and schedule preventive and emergency maintenance repairs.
- Follow through to completion of assigned maintenance projects.
- Identify and procure relevant maintenance materials, parts, or devices that are essential to supporting plant operations.
- Provide technical support to peers within the maintenance organization.
- Ensure that direct reports and vendor/contractor personnel work in compliance with cGMPs, FDA, company safety rules/regulations, and NEC.
- Act as a primary resource to maintain equipment and systems that are described as “critical” which are vital to the plant’s continued operation i.e., Flour distribution system, Process water distribution system, Mixing, Dividers, Proofing, Ovens, Coolers, and etc..
- Assist Engineering management with utilization of current industry practices to develop preventive maintenance tasks to maintain the facilities’ systems and equipment.
- Keep the appropriate individuals informed in regards to matters that concern them.
- Use and understand technical data, technical manuals, and manufacturers’ handbooks, as well as engineering instructions.
- Assist direct reports in troubleshooting and repair of plant systems and equipment with or without OEM technical manuals, blueprints/drawings, or schematics as necessary.
- Evaluate job knowledge, technical skills, and abilities of direct reports.Provide training and encourage development.
- Actively support the Company’s mission, goals and programs
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Monday, August 26, 2019