We are seeking a Technical Sales Representative in Maryland.
This position plays a key outside role in interfacing with customers & prospects to maintain & develop sales opportunities. This position will utilize technical, relationship, & strategic selling skills in both government & commercial industrial markets. A mix of both MRO & OEM customers across a wide range of industries such as: R&D, Biotech, Pharma, Aerospace, General Industrial, among others.
Why should you consider this job? Take it from someone that works there that said "Our customers keep Virginia running. They make power, support the military, provide fuel, and manufacture products that support transportation and shipping industries. As far as the individuals go, we support all types from blue collar to Nasa engineers."
This is an outside sales position that will focus on face-to-face interaction with customers to strengthen & develop customer relationships to maintain & grow sales.
This position will require travel through the Maryland area (excluding Southern Maryland & Eastern Shore) and collaboration with associates across the organization.
• A collaborative attitude with a real desire to help your fellow associates and go the extra mile for our customers
• The ability to think creatively and adapt when approaching challenges
• Having a "Lifelong Learner" mentality- Continuously improving through goal setting
• Utilizing agility and resilience to be able to change quickly from a setback.
• Ability to think creatively and adapt as challenges arise in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong Communication Skills- Need to be able to effectively communicate in 1on1 meetings & presentations with customers to demonstrate products & technical services.
• Proactive communication with management & ability to ask for & take feedback.
• Sales focused with a strong desire to uncover new opportunities for growth
• As a sales position a successful candidate would be results and detail oriented, self-motivated, and be able to function autonomously as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree is required
• Experience in a sales/engineering environment
• Computer literacy required- Internet, Microsoft Office, Excel, CRM, IPAD, Salesforce and SAP a plus.
• Travel within assigned geography or account territory
• Strong Mechanical Aptitude
• Technical experience in engineering, power, analytical instrumentation, transportation is a plus
What They Offer
• Competitive salaries with room for professional growth
• Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short & Long Term Disability, Life
• 401(k) with a company match
• Community Service/Donation Match
• Tuition Reimbursement Program
• Paid holidays (with bonus days), sick time, and vacation time
• Flexibility available to account for work/life balance. We want work to be a rewarding part of your life- not your entire life