Senior Sales Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
The Senior Sales Engineer will own, build, and drive relationships with large customer engineering teams. They will be responsible for troubleshooting customer issues and providing solutions when required. An important part of this role will be liaising with and guiding core engineering over customer requirements.
Space: software debug, quality and analytics tool that helps to identify and fix bugs in enterprise software.
Two or more years of experience as a Sales Engineer / Solutions Architect / Solutions Engineer / Pre-sales Engineer / Application Engineer. Some of that can be as a software engineer.
- Support the sales team to deliver revenue targets
- Own, build and drive technical engagement aligned to account strategy to successful evaluation, purchase order close and user on-boarding
- Own, build and drive relationship with customer engineering teams
- Assist in all pre-sales efforts/demos
- When necessary, undertake engineering tasks on critical customer programs to win business
- Deliver clear prioritization to engineering on customer engineering requirements / early escalation of any conflict to the delivery of customer programs to sales.
- Cooperate with engineering to ensure goals are achieved
- Own customer support tickets and see them through to resolution, ensuring timely response to customers
- Convey value-add benefits to customers in an understandable, concise way
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar
- 2+ years in pre-sales (or software engineering plus pre-sales)
- Experience in working directly with customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: listening, understanding, and persuading
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to effectively work as part of a team
- Must have the desire and ability to solve problems quickly.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and respect for all members of the team
- Linux programming
The company is a team-oriented company: A development team makes a collective commitment to achieve an agreed common goal within the agreed time and quality parameters. Responsibility is shared among the members of the team. Trust, honesty, and respect for others are essential. Enthusiasm and drive are valued.
The company encourages team members to keep a good work/life balance and strives to not depend on personal heroism to achieve its business goals. They are flexible and will go to some length to ensure working conditions are conducive to happiness.
Monday, May 6, 2019