- Mountain View, CA
About the role
The solutions engineer work with customers to deliver business value, overcome challenges and sharing the excitement of creating the exact solution they need to manage their databases and business needs. You will be driving POCs, pilots, challenges, and evaluations working hands-on with our customers and with one of the best technologies in the market.
The location is flexible, working from office or home in the SF Bay or anywhere on the West Coast (HQ office is in Silicon Valley).
- Help customers meet their technology and business requirements
- Understand, quantify and verify the business needs of customers and their specific use cases.
- Work diligently with the customer’s technical teams (architects, developers, PMOs and C-level experts) to ensure the success of all customer POCs and pilots.
- Collaborate closely with the sales team to develop effective account strategies and identify new account opportunities, as well as new business with existing accounts.
- Present the company, its capabilities, and technology in a highly professional and exciting way that will engage customers and help them see the business impact and competitive advantages
- Use customer feedback and insights to improve product materials, technical best practice and technical materials, and provide feedback to product management teams and R&D.
- At least three years of experience in pre-sales engineering (ideally database engineering) for enterprise software
- Good knowledge of databases, distributed systems, middleware
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience in software and/or a technologically relevant field
- Familiar and excited by current technology
- Hands-on experience with Linux
- Experience engaging with different levels of developers and IT leaders in enterprises; able to read situations and create rapport and enthusiasm with prospects
- Programming experience in Java and/or .NET is a considerable advantage. An understanding of networking and DB architecture is preferred.
- Detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to solve complex problems, work under pressure and think critically
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; able to present a complex technical solution in a clear and convincing way (one-on-one and to an audience)
- Quick to learn, think and execute
- Organized, self-aware and engaging
- A “can do” attitude; a winner and a team player that is looking for a challenge and wants to have fun in the process
- Available to travel up to 30% of the time
Keywords: Databases, NoSQL, SQL, Graph databases
Wednesday, September 5, 2018