Software Architect Developer
- Santa Monica, CA
- You will architect and implement substantial portions of the full-stack infrastructure (both frontend and backend).
- You will tackle scalability challenges as the infrastructure grows to support increasing user base.
- You will mentor and grow junior engineers on best practices and code efficiency.
- You will have the opportunity to code using cutting-edge platforms and interacing with our data science team.
- Technical Leader - you love new technology and always strive for the most fundamentally sound architecture and solution.
- Detailed-oriented- you are a proven developer who values clean and efficient code, and always goes into the weeds to find the root cause of problems.
- Translator- you have experience working closely with product managers, cross-functional teams, and customers to translate requirements into technical design.
- Solutions-driven- you have experience thinking out loud to create the best solutions to complex, tricky problems, using the latest technical methodologies/processes.
- Craftsmanship - you treat software development as a professional craft and constantly practice your skills.
- 6+ years experience working on both frontend and backend software using modern languages and frameworks (GO, Scala, Python, Play, Django, AngularJS, React).
- Advanced degree in Computer Science and/or Math.
- Solid experience in building prototypes to help validate business assumptions.
- Expert proficiency in Agile development process.
- Expert knowledge in API development for mobile/web use.
- Strong relational database experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, or MS SQL).
Preferred skills & experience:
- Highly motivated and self disciplined.
- Architected and built large scale platforms from scratch.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals.
- Excellent ability to prioritize and communicate in a fast-paced environment.
- Bonus:Experience in predictive analysis and machine learning.
Tuesday, January 3, 2017