SOFTWARE ENGINEER IN TEST (SDET/DEVOPS)
In this role you will be responsible for the design, implementation, and support of test-related code, test frameworks, and management of test automation processes for your project(s). You will be joining a team that develops and supports high-traffic / high-availability commercial web services and applications in a distributed environment. You will work closely with the other engineers as part of the team. The ideal candidate should be able to contribute as strongly to the source code for our products as much as they can contribute to the test code.
- Design and write robust, reliable, and repeatable tests that are designed to detect implementation issues and ensure ongoing validation of our web applications & services, libraries, and API’s.
- Develop feature test plans and test suites, and execute both manual and automated test procedures
- Take ownership over test automation, including acquiring or creating automation tools as needed
- Develop automated tests that utilize scripts and code in a variety of ways to exercise product features and functions, test boundary conditions, performance, and stability
- Quickly translate technical requirements and product goals into appropriate code and automated tests
- Manage continuous integration processes, manage test targets, create reports, and support users of the tools
- Design and implement well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code, and test scripts
- Generate and update documentation (or runbooks) for all tools & processes
- Participate in agile planning, scope estimation, and updates for team projects
- Engineering talent proven by great work experience, hobby projects, open source contributions, and/or superior academic results
- 4+ years of professional experience in software development with a strong command of computer science fundamentals and object-oriented software design principles
- 2+ years of experience with white box testing, ideally supporting enterprise web application development
- Experience with full-stack web application and services development in a LAMP (equivalent) environment
- Significant experience with unit level testing, writing test plans, building test scripts, and test automation
- Experience using software version control tools (Git, Mercurial, etc.) Experience with GitLab a plus.
- Experience working with common bug tracking tools like JIRA, Bugzilla, Trac, Mantis, Issue Tracker, etc.
- Experience implementing, integrating, and administrating continuous integration software
- Experience working in an Agile or lean software development environment
- Strong English-language communication (verbal and written) and documentation skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative, technically challenging environment with rapidly changing requirements
- A scrappy, self-motivated, entrepreneurial attitude that gets high-quality projects done quickly
- You have prior experience in QC/QA software testing. Ideally with enterprise web application development.
- You have experience with internet protocols & services, and writing code to support them
- You have a degree in computer science, software engineering, quality assurance, or similar
- You are a passionate PC gamer. CS:GO experience and a familiarity with skins trading is a plus.
- This position is located in Santa Monica, CA. Local candidates preferred.