Senior Systems Engineer
- Burbank, CA
We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer with experience supporting a medium-to-large sized network in a fast-paced internet environment. We are a Cisco/Wintel shop with a few Linux systems. The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded strong team player. Your primary duties will include day-to-day Server Systems operations, server maintenance, monitoring, backup, compliance and high-level user and Web developer support in addition to special projects.
We are an Internet and telephone based company therefore we place a high premium on technology. We keep up with cutting edge trends so that we are best able to serve our customers’ needs and stay ahead of the market place. As a result our pace is fast and very dynamic.
In this position you'll be reporting to the Director of Network Operations and working with a team of Engineers sharing design and administration duties for our network, servers, and SAN environment. This is a very critical and visible position within the company.
- Team player who is eager to learn and take on new projects
- Must have the ability to understand the entire process from inception to completion and foresee possible glitches and lessen negative outcomes
- Ability to work on several projects and routines at a time in a fast-paced internet/e-commerce environment
- Someone with good communication skills. In this position, you’ll interface with many people in the company and must be able to communicate appropriately at all levels
- Excellent systems troubleshooting experience. Demonstrated advanced knowledge of and experience with Microsoft/ VMware , as well as windows administration, virtualization, SAN management and StrongMail support
- Must also have a working knowledge of Networking systems
- Your primary duties will include day-to-day systems operations, server maintenance, monitoring, backup, compliance and high-level user and e-commerce systems support
- You will participate in various projects, of which we have a million: a successful candidate must be prepared to work in a fast-paced environment
- You will be expected to explore and implement new technologies and improve your general technical knowledge
- You will manage the deployment of appropriate security patches, hot fixes, and antivirus software updates, as well as proactively secure the network infrastructure
- 5 years’ experience supporting a medium-to-large sized network in a fast paced internet environment
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft platforms including Server, SQL, IIS and Windows
- Expertise in Active Directory design, administration and troubleshooting a must
- Heavy Experience with Virtualization, backup systems and high availability environments
- 4 - 6 years’ experience administrating Windows 2003/2008, Active Directory, Group Policy, SNMP network and service monitoring
- 2 – 3 years’ experience performing email administration in an Exchange 2007 environment
- 2 – 4 years’ experience with Linux experience
- Heavy Web server administration - multiple servers in load balanced high traffic server farms
- In depth experience with DNS administration
- Experience with VPN/Terminal Services
- In depth experience in working with SANs
- Must be able to assess requirements and present System Engineering based recommendations that are in line with the strategic vision for the enterprise and wider best practice
- Must work to ensure that the aspects of the architecture are driven by the business imperatives/requirements of the organization and that the requirements driving the overall architecture are managed consistently and effectively
- Experience in working in a secure network environment
- Experience in working with VoIP
- Exchange Server 2007 and Microsoft Corporate Instant Messaging products
- MVP/MCSE/MCSA 2003/2008 are highly desired, but not required
- Strong working knowledge of networking functions and principles
- Heavy exposure to Email Service Providers and direct email marketing systems
- Some experience supporting WordPress or blogging environments preferred
- Experience with Strong Mail
- Position requires the ability to work extended hours on a computer.
- The qualities, responsibilities and requirements listed above are representative of the education, knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the essential functions of this position.
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. And reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Wednesday, March 29, 2017