Junior Electrical Engineer
- Los Angeles, CA
Junior Electrical Engineer
Our client is looking for a highly motivated Junior Electrical Engineering to join their growing team in the Los Angeles, CA. This person will work closely with mechanical, electrical, and design and manufacturing engineers to improve upon existing implementations and take an initial concept through prototype development and into full production.
Tasks include design, development, testing, and support of high-performance electronics and electrical designs. This is a hands-on position with plenty of responsibility for the successful delivery of leading-edge EV and Consumer Products. The environment is fast-paced and requires the application of critical thinking in demanding situations.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Design and bring up new PCBs for product development mass production and production support
- Design electrical and electromechanical test fixtures
- Bring-up and debug of PCBA and test fixture assemblies.
- Lead yield-improvement efforts
- Develop in process test procedures, compile data, and make recommendations for changes required in manufacturing processes, data management.
- Drive compliance and certification efforts
- Create documentation of electronic assembly and test procedures.
- Act a liaison with engineering in developing validation tests, test specifications, and in-line test equipment.
- BS in electrical engineering or related discipline (CS, EE). MS preferred.
- Experience with schematic capture and circuit design
- Proficiency in power conversion (DC/DC)
- Experience with battery management systems and MPPT
- Experience with DC motors and DC motor design
- Proficiency in PCB layout software (particularly Altium and/or Cadsoft Eagle)
- Electromechanical (electric vehicle, mechatronics, etc.) background a very strong plus.
- A fast learner with a solid understanding of electronics and mechanical components.
- Hands-on experience with diagnosing and debugging electronics assemblies and mechanical systems to the lowest level (PCBA & small components)
- Excellent organizational skills, attention-to-detail, and multitasking capability.
Our client is a start-up company located in Los Angeles, CA. just south of Downtown L.A., that designs, and manufactures EV battery technology for various electric mobility platforms. Senior staff members from other leaders in the battery industry such as Tesla, SpaceX, Faraday Future, Karma and Coin among others. They are a group of highly-motivated and extremely talented engineers set on launching products that will revolutionize the EV battery industry in power density and residential distributed energy systems.
Tuesday, August 1, 2017