An entertainment company with a worldwide customer base is looking for a Senior Software Engineer (ASP.NET) to work alongside their team, as a temp to hire contractor. This person will be part of the communications web application team and will collaborate with the software architects and senior developers to design and create the next generation of software services and systems architecture.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be involved throughout the life cycle of software development and will be responsible for coding, unit testing, integration testing, supporting QA, helping with release rollout and troubleshooting issues before & after deployments.
We expect this person to be creative and vocal about his/her ideas, very agile, a complete team player, have strong concepts and understanding of Microsoft .NET & SQL Server technologies and use common sense to accomplish goals.
**Please note that this is a contract to hire position**
RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Overall responsibility for our mission critical communication web applications
- Satisfy internal and external business requirements by analyzing business requirements and developing software solutions that satisfy those requirements
- Enhance efficiencies by designing, building, and implementing reusable modules to be used throughout our applications and application development processes
- Maximize efficiency and scalability of our Internet and Intranet through use of various optimization & scalability techniques
- Analyzing business requirements and developing software solutions that satisfy those requirements
- Maintain historical and transferable knowledge base of existing applications and systems by documenting analysis findings, specifications and technical design
- Optimize software development lifecycle by designing, building, testing and ultimately releasing software solutions using Scrum methodology
- Collaborate with business users, developers and testers throughout a given project life cycle to provide clarification or resolve technical problems
- Facilitate and troubleshoot resolutions to production issues/outages
- Ability to meet deadlines and juggle multiple projects
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a team with other .NET developers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is preferred but not required
- Experience with agile software development (specifically Scrum)
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Position requires the ability to work extended hours on a computer
- The qualities, responsibilities and requirements listed above are representative of the education, knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the essential functions of this position
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.