Who we are and what we offer:
Headquartered in London and with a presence in more than 15 locations worldwide, Genius Sports is recognized as one of the fastest growing sports technology companies in the world. We are a global leader in providing innovative and data-driven solutions to sports, media and regulated betting markets. We’re always on the lookout for passionate, energetic and talented people to join our rapidly expanding team.
Life at Genius Sports is never dull. As a company at the cutting-edge of sports technology, we offer a stimulating, collaborative and fun working environment. We also recognise that career development for our talented employees is core to our success and support their careers with the best training and guidance possible.
Why join us?
• Exciting work in a unique industry: great opportunity for self-development in the sports industry
• Opportunity to work on different projects
• A fun, relaxed and stimulating modern working environment in central London
• Supportive, friendly, multinational, passionate team
• Career opportunity in an international company
• Annual allocated training budget
• Private health and life insurance
This vacancy is a perfect match for a person who is passionate about sports, willing to take on challenges and responsibility for new projects from scratch, deliver the best quality results to our clients and to be an integral part of a focused, agile team.
As a QA you will work closely with product development teams and stakeholders to improve the testing skills of the team, evaluate and enhance quality processes, and ensure product quality is continually improving.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Quality Assistance – mentoring teams on how to deliver high quality software products;
• Helping teams meet commitments while ensuring a focus on quality;
• Involvement in production releases, identifying and mitigating the associated risks;
• Working with Product Owners to ensure stories have the required level of detail and user acceptance criteria;
• Developing test scripts, test plans and test cases for stories based on user acceptance criteria and reporting the results of test runs;
• Exploratory testing of new features - identifying, documenting, raising and resolving issues.
• At least 2 years commercial QA experience
• Strong communication and organization skills
• Must be a self-starter, quick learner, attentive to details, able to multi-task, and have excellent initiative
• Knowledge of quality assurance methodologies possibly supported by ISTQB/ISEB qualifications, although not required
• Proficient in writing, executing and validating test scripts, ideally using specification by example (e.g. SpecFlow or Cucumber)
• Knowledge of SQL, Jira and TestRail
• Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum
The role would suit someone who thrives in a fast moving, team-oriented environment and is passionate about working with developers to deliver high quality software for smart and demanding customers. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and highly motivated, possess a strong command of spoken and written English and be eligible to work in the UK.