- Century City, CA
HealthTech - Series B Startup in Los Angeles, CA
As a data scientist you will join a highly motivated team working in a fast-paced environment. Your goal will be to build real models and reports that have a direct impact on the company.
You will have the opportunity to develop and complete projects in some of the following areas
- Analytics and reporting: work with product and marketing teams to understand key business questions and build reports to answer them.
- Predictive modeling: develop models to predict things like customer demand and operational efficiency.
- Routing and efficiency: writing new algorithms to improve efficiency of our doctors.
- Marketing attribution: build models to predict optimal marketing spending.
You will report to the Lead Data Scientist, and work with people from many different departments. As a leader, you will have the opportunity to shape the culture of our tech team. A successful candidate will bring deep technical expertise and passion to solve challenging problems that benefit patient and provider customers. This is a fantastic opportunity to work on the cutting edge of healthcare technology, and to do work that makes a difference.
- 3+ years of experience in quantitative analysis, with a minimum of 1 year in industry.
- Doctorate / Masters / Bachelors degree in Computer Science / Information Technology / Statistics / Mathematics or equivalent.
- Passion to create solutions to improve the lives of our doctors, dispatchers, and patients.
- Proven ability to do analytics or modeling work in languages such as R, Python, Java, or Scala, as well as bash.
- Some understanding of SQL.
- Strong understanding of statistics.
- Ability to work independently or in a team.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- (Preferred): Experience in one or more of the following areas: marketing analytics, Tableau, multiple regression, spatial statistics, time-series analysis, healthcare analytics.
- (Preferred): Experience with machine learning algorithms for solving regression and classification problems.
Candidates may be asked to provide code samples or links to project pages.
We offer competitive pay and perks, as well as the chance to work across the company, including with those in leadership positions.
Thursday, June 8, 2017