Sr. Backend Engineer
- Santa Monica, CA
- Design and implement product features as defined in the roadmap.
- Own and maintain substantial portions of the backend infrastructure.
- Code, using cutting-edge platforms and interacting with our data science team.
- Mentor and grow junior engineers on best practices and code efficiency.
- Detail-oriented- you are a proven developer who values clean and efficient code.
- Technology toolbox- you have all of the tools for development plus a few extras.
- Translator- you have experience working closely with product managers, cross-functional teams, and customers to translate requirements into technical design.
- Leader- you have the ability to keep pace with, and set pace for, your teammates. Able to learn and teach new technologies and solutions.
- Solutions Driven - you have experience thinking out loud to create the best solutions to complex, tricky problems, using the latest technical methodologies/processes.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals.
- 4+ years experience working on backend software using modern languages and frameworks (Java, Scala, Python, Play, Django).
- Strong relational database experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, or MS SQL).
- Working knowledge in API development for mobile/web use.
Preferred skills & experience:
- Expert proficiency in Agile development process.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science and/or Math.
- Excellent ability to prioritize and communicate in a fast-paced environment.
- Bonus: Experience in predictive analysis and machine learning.
Tuesday, January 3, 2017