Game Engineer (Unity, Unreal)
- Santa Monica, CA
We are building a sustainable Virtual and Augmented Reality ecosystem by connecting brands and agencies with leading creators and video publishers. Our native advertising platform is built to leverage the transcendent nature of Virtual Reality storytelling with a range of fully immersive and interactive ad units.
We are looking for a Game Engineer to join our growing team in Santa Monica. We’re looking for individuals who are skilled in Unity or Unreal game engines and are passionate about building visually stunning experiences in Virtual and Augmented Reality. The successful Game Engineer is someone with strong coding and design skills, a knack for solving problems creatively, and a team-first mentality. If you are a motivated self-starter looking to build the technology powering advertising within VR and AR, this is the place for you.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Work within a team to design, develop, and maintain Unity/Unreal games, tools, SDKs, and experiences
- Enhance existing systems to support new requirements and features
- Provide recommendations to management to achieve strategic and operational goals
- Iterate on products rapidly in a fast-paced development environment.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders and team members to ensure proper implementation of art and animations.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, FA, or equivalent experience
- 2 years of relevant work experience, including programming experience in one or more of the following: C#, C/C++, Java, Python, Objective C
- 2 years of animation experience working on games and/or game related technology (middleware).
- Expert understanding of game design for 2D, 3D or VR games.
- At least 2 years of experience working with Unity in C# or With Unreal and C++.
- Strong knowledge of object oriented design, design patterns, 3D math, and data structures
- Expert knowledge of Unity3D Pro including Unity GUI and asset bundles and/or Unreal equivalent systems
- Strong knowledge of Unity3D and/or Unreal plugin development (native and managed)
- Comfortable with openGL or directx , knowledge of real time rendering pipeline is very helpful
- Experience with particle systems, and customizing shaders
- Experience working on the core engine of a AAA title is a plus
- Experience with game engine architecture
Friday, August 18, 2017