Director, SEM / Paid Search Advertising
- West Los Angeles, CA
We are seeking a Director of Search Engine Marketing role responsible for planning, implementing, analyzing, and optimizing all company paid search / SEM activities. You’ll be a key contributor as part of an in-house direct marketing team that works cohesively and supports one another to hit both individual and company performance goals.
You are a proven Search Marketing specialist and your main focus is to increase scale and improve KPIs of LeadPoint’s paid search campaigns through a combination of SEM platform expertise, creative thinking, methodical testing, applying industry-specific and product-level knowledge, while always employing a data-driven methodology. You will be self-motivated with advanced skills working with Google AdWords, Bing Ads, Yahoo Search, Google Analytics, and bid management tools such as Marin Software and Kenshoo.
As the ideal candidate, you possess a keen understanding of search engine advertising, direct response marketing, online lead generation, and online customer acquisition, with a strong quantitative background record in PPC campaign management. You have the ability to operate on both a quantitative and qualitative level, touching all aspects of the SEM ecosystem with advanced skills in keyword management and research, campaign & ad group structuring, CPC bid strategies, competitive intelligence, text ad & landing page testing, and performance analytics.
The Qualifications & Requirements We Seek:
- Minimum 2 – 3 years direct relevant SEM experience managing paid search campaigns on Google, Bing, and Yahoo with a minimum multi-million dollar annual P&L responsibility.
- Hands-on experience with CPC bid management platforms required with at least $100K+ in monthly spend, i.e. Kenshoo, Marin Software, DoubleClick Search, etc.
- Prior experience with online lead generation acquisition models, as well as start-up to mid-size Internet / web-based companies a major plus
- Consistent and proven track record with SEM campaign buildouts, keyword expansion, margin growth, revenue scaling and conversion optimization.
- Proficient in designing and executing A/B & Multivariate tests on ad copy & landing pages required
- Google AdWords Certification and Google Analytics Certification / formal training is a big plus
- Strong analytical capability in data analysis with fundamental knowledge / experience with web analytics, data visualization, and measurement tools, i.e. Adobe SiteCatalyst, Coremetrics, Webtrends, Google Analytics
- You are a proven Excel spreadsheet jockey, able to quickly pivot standard and custom data sets, build pro forma models, and compile ad hoc reports to communicate key results and performance drivers
- Excellent time management, and professional verbal and written skills
- Great teammate with strong collaboration and comfortable with open consistent communication
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Marketing or a relevant math / statistics / quantitative degree
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- This role will report directly to LeadPoint’s Vice President of Direct Marketing
- You’ll serve as the P&L business owner of the paid search / SEM acquisition channel, with daily focus on meeting revenue, ROI, gross margin and other business KPIs
- Develop short and long-term campaign expansion strategies and execute day-to-day tactics that increase traffic, revenue, and profit margins
- Manage day-to-day activities across multiple search engines (Google, Bing) including campaign planning, implementation, keyword & bid management, performance monitoring & reporting, and conversion optimization
- Quarterly and monthly forecasting, performance projections, and media budgeting.
- Develop, maintain detailed campaign reports & performance dashboards to ensure company KPIs are being met and expansion and optimization opportunities are being addressed.
- Review and optimize keyword reach & coverage, account & campaign structures, negative keyword strategies, CPC bidding strategies, ad copy messaging, landing page experience, and conversion flows
- Design and execute A/B tests on ad copy & landing pages to optimize performance
- Collaborate with internal marketing, analytics, operations, and dev/IT team members to share and leverage data observations, key learnings and critical business insights
- Coordinate with Google, Bing, and Facebook account representatives to stay updated with latest platform improvements and participate in betas
- Research and evaluate competitors paid search efforts, using tools such as Compete.com, SEMRush, to identify and implement new opportunities
The Benefits We Offer:
- Eligible employees have the opportunity to receive a variety of perks and benefits, including:
- Regionally competitive base salary plus quarterly performance bonus
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision, FSA & DCA), including company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
- Plenty of snacks and regular company lunches
- 401(k) retirement savings program
- Paid Holidays
- Generous vacation package
About Our Company:
We are a leading performance advertising solutions provider that develops technology to help publishers and advertisers transact leads more efficiently. Founded in 2004, our company revolutionized the multi-billion dollar online lead generation industry by providing the first online lead exchange.
The company continues to innovate, developing best-of-breed technologies that deliver to advertisers high converting leads and provide to publishers industry leading earnings. We facilitate the trade of hundreds of thousands of consumer queries monthly to over 3,000 clients across North America and Europe, including numerous Fortune 500 companies.
Tuesday, September 26, 2017