Series B HealthTech Startup in Los Angeles
As a senior data scientist you will join a highly motivated team working in a fast-paced environment. Your goal will be to build real models and analyses that have a direct impact on the company.
You will have the opportunity to develop and complete projects in some of the following areas
· Analytics and reporting: work with product and marketing teams to understand key business questions and build reports to answer them.
· Predictive modeling: develop models to predict things like customer demand and operational efficiency.
· Routing and efficiency: writing new algorithms to improve the efficiency of our doctors.
· Marketing attribution: build models to predict optimal marketing spending.
You will report to the Lead Data Scientist, and work with people from many different departments. As a leader, you will have the opportunity to shape the culture of our tech team. A successful candidate will bring deep technical expertise and passion for solving challenging problems that benefit our client's customers. This is a fantastic opportunity to work on the cutting edge of healthcare technology and to do work that makes a difference.
· 5+ years of experience in quantitative analysis, with a minimum of 2 years as a data scientist.
· Doctorate / Masters / Bachelors degree in Computer Science / Information Technology / Statistics / Mathematics or equivalent.
· Passion to create solutions to improve the lives of our doctors, dispatchers, and patients.
· Proven ability to do analytics or modeling work in languages such as R, Python, Java, or Scala, as well as bash.
· SQL query abilities, preferably in PostgreSQL.
· Strong understanding of statistics.
· Experience with machine learning algorithms for solving regression and classification problems.
· Demonstrated experience influencing senior leadership of organizations.
· Ability to work independently or in a team.
· Solid written and verbal communication skills.
· (Preferred): Deep experience in one or more of the following areas: marketing analytics, Tableau, multiple regression, spatial statistics, time-series analysis, healthcare analytics.
· (Preferred): Experience leading a team or mentoring junior analysts or data scientists.