Business Analyst (Finance)
- Los Angeles, CA
Responsible for overseeing and monitoring the RBC template reporting process, which includes monthly, calendar quarter, fiscal quarter and annual templates. Work with various internal groups and with RBC in the production process to obtain inputs, gather data requirements, complete templates and respond to questions and inquires. Work with stakeholders to troubleshoot data gaps and issues. Coordinate and monitor the production of templates performed by other areas to ensure timely completion. Obtain data extracts and downloads needed to populate templates. Develop/refine data extracts as needed. Perform data discrepancy research and analysis. Perform balancing and reconciliation of data to target totals. Design and develop supporting reports/tools. Maintain reporting requirements for templates, including updates/changes to mapping files, hierarchies and methodologies. Make changes to workbooks and working files as needed. Maintain business logic rules. Identify and support implementation of process improvements.
- *Minimum 3 years of financial analysis or reporting experience required.
- *Minimum 2 years advanced Excel experience including minimum of 1 year complex formula/function development, writing macros in VBA, and utilizing PivotTables and other methods to manipulate large datasets.
- *Minimum 2 years of experience working in Microsoft Office.
- Banking or financial services experience preferred.
- Experience with MS Access, ODBC, Report Writers, GL Systems, Query Tools (Brio, Business Objects, etc.), Data Manipulation/Compilation. VBA experience a plus.
- Ability to accurately, thoroughly and efficiently handle/analyze a high data volume; organize analyzed data into simple, complete and concise presentation formats; envision the global issue, separate symptoms from causes, research thoroughly; weigh costs/benefits and derive sound conclusions.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data from disparate sources and formulate a supportable conclusion.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple projects at the same time, working under tight deadlines.
- Effective verbal/written communication skills and strong analytical skills required.
- Adapts procedures, processes and techniques to accomplish the requirements of the position.
- Must be able to think through complex problems and develop solutions.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals.
- Must be able to work independently and in teams.
Tuesday, November 29, 2016