Data Scientist Role with Santa Monica Content Creator
- Santa Monica, CA
ABOUT THE COMPANY
California is home to two of the planet’s truly global businesses: Entertainment and Technology. Only 291 miles apart, these two businesses often have complementary goals, other times they have no idea what the other is rambling on about. Our client was created to be the conduit between these two worlds.
Our client is re-imagining the way content is created and distributed. A new content studio, they were founded with the passionate belief that data can and should inform both the creative and business facets of content creation. They are looking for an experienced Data Scientist who can head up and develop their Data Science capabilities. The Data Scientist will be an integral part of the team and will be responsible for establishing and practising the standard data science methods and technologies on our data. He/She will work with our VP, Technology to take data from a variety of data sources and create actionable insights that creates value for our studios business. This role will lead the creation and enhancement of our capabilities around predictive analytics, machine learning and other industry leading methodologies.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Collaborate with our technical team to build out our data strategy and capabilities
- Apply machine learning, statistics or data mining in a variety of areas, including video content analysis, social analysis, etc to our original content productions to gain insights that will inform and drive the content creation process.
- Invent and iterate on solutions to challenging data related problems.
- Develop scalable and efficient methods for large scale data analyses and model development.
- Collaborate with developers, product managers and our studios team in an open, creative environment.
- Develop and guide our data team.
WHAT TO BRING
- Master’s Degree in technical/scientific/analytical field, Ph.D. Preferred.
- 5+ years related experience such as analyzing data and/or building analytical models; in either an academic or professional setting and 3+ years relevant work experience.
- Proficient in prototyping models using scripting languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, Scala etc.).
- Familiar with at least one of the numerical package like R, MatLab, Octave
- Experience with Spark ML a big plus
- Real world analytical solution building experience.
- Ability to draw conclusions from data and recommend actions.
- Experience in working with data from large platforms including Facebook and YouTube.
- Perform statistical and other data analysis to inform decision making and drive content creation
- The ability to present results in a clear and concise manner to non-technical teams. An appreciation and understanding of good design in both software UI and slideshow presentations.
- Hunger to continue learning and developing as a data scientist. Willingness to help further build the team, including contributing ideas, establishing best practices, following trends, and attending conferences.
- Love of television, film and music a bonus.
Tuesday, August 16, 2016