Web Applications Developer (PHP)
- Santa Monica, CA
Web Application Developer (Back-end/DevOps)
We are looking for a senior software engineer with extensive experience in implementing, scaling, and supporting high-traffic / high-availability commercial web services and applications in a distributed environment. This role requires significant experience in full-stack web application development utilizing Linux, Ngnix, MySQL, PHP, and Redis.
This is a very hands-on role, and you would be joining a small team of engineers to develop cutting edge services, applications, and API’s that will be utilized by both our internal and external customers around the world. As a senior engineer on this team you will have significant impact on future direction and development of these services.
- Help design, develop, and support high-traffic, high-availability web services and applications
- Ensure successful delivery and 24/7 operation of all developed services and applications
- Design and implement well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code, APIs, and test scripts
- Optimize and/or debug code as needed to maximize performance, scaling, usability, and quality
- Assimilate new technologies and solve complex problems, formulating and evaluating technical alternatives based on experience and data-driven decision making skills
- Generate and update documentation and technical/functional specifications as needed
- Provide development support and troubleshooting assistance to clients and/or other teams
- Participate in creating technical specifications and performing code reviews with other engineers
- Participate in agile planning, scope estimation, and updates for team projects
- Engineering talent proven by great work experience, hobby projects, open source contributions, and/or superior academic results
- 8+ years of professional experience in software development with a strong command of computer science fundamentals and software architecture principles
- 5+ years of full-stack web application and services development experience utilizing Linux, PHP, and MySQL
- Significant experience developing enterprise-level customer-facing services in a high-availability environment
- Experience with performance tuning and scaling of web and server-side services
- Experience working in an Agile or lean software development environment
- Experience with internet protocols & services, secure coding practices, and writing code to support them
- Experience implementing and working with A/B testing in a web services environment
- Experience with unit-level testing, writing test plans & test scripts, and generating testable code
- Strong English-language communication (verbal and written) and documentation skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative, technically challenging environment with rapidly changing requirements
- A scrappy, entrepreneurial attitude that gets high-quality projects done quickly
- You have significant experience with software architecture and large-scale web services design
- You have advanced SQL skills. Particularly in query design & optimization, performance tuning, and scaling
- You have experience building software utilizing NoSQL & MapReduce (MongoDB, CouchDB, Hadoop, etc.)
- You have an advanced degree in computer science, software engineering, or similar
- You are a passionate PC gamer. CS:GO experience and a familiarity with skins trading is a plus.
- This job is located in Santa Monica, CA. Local candidates preferred.
Posted On: Monday, May 8, 2017