Senior Database Administrator (Postgres & MySQL)
- Santa Monica, CA
We are seeking talented, enthusiastic Senior Database Administrator to join our team in Santa Monica, California. This position will be responsible for writing stored procedures in MySQL / Postgres.
- Design and code solutions on and off database for ensuring application access to enable data drive decision making for the company’s multi-faceted ad serving operations
- Work closely with the end user communities ensure enterprise data warehouse solutions and assets are actionable, accessible and evolving in lockstep with the needs of the ever changing business model.
- Be a part of a team working on a high volume, highly available data platform that is critical to the success of the business
- Participate in architecture discussions, influence the roadmap, and take ownership and responsibility over projects
- Conduct performance testing and monitoring of production systems
- Review work and assure adherence to best standards and practices
Skills and Qualifications
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Experience with operation database development including procedural
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. SQL, Java)
- You are experienced with architecting, developing and extending large and complex systems
- You are a problem solver, a fixer, and a creative technologist
- You need to be a great team worker and a great communicator
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux
- 7+ years experience
- MS in Computer Science.
- Experienced deep understanding of MySQL, Cassandra, Postgres, ElasticSearch, Mongo
- Integration experience with specific “Big Data” technologies including Hadoop & Hive
- Experience with Java
- Fully paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Vacation + 5 Personal Days
- Unlimited sick leave
- Amazing culture and coworkers
- Many other perks to help with work life balance.
Tuesday, June 20, 2017