- Los Angeles, CA
A growing team is seeking talented people to build a company that helps our guests find and enjoy the world's premier travel experiences while exploring the world in comfort. If you're the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in a collaborative environment, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges, we may be the place for you.
This hands-on, analytical role calls for an entrepreneurially minded data engineer with demonstrable experience with data manipulation, data analysis, and complex ETL. An interest in the data landscape and emerging platforms is essential, as the team’s responsibilities and workflow are constantly evolving. In this role, you will ensure the successful tracking and performance of marketing efforts across all digital and offline channels. Beyond rock solid data manipulation skills, a fundamental care and understanding of the importance of data to business is essential.
- Support existing data pipelines and systems in production
- Design and scale new data ingestion systems with high availability and reliability
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production
- Maintain and evolve data health alerting systems
- Create automated reports to be consumed by the rest of the organization
- ·4+ years programming experience in SQL
- ·4+ years of experience in ETL design and implementation in Data Warehouses
- 4+ years programming experience in Python / PHP / BASH / API’s / .NET
- 2+ years of experience with dimensional data modeling and schema design in Data Warehouses
- Solid knowledge in AWS (EC2, S3, Redshift, RDP)
- ·Solid experience working with JSON (Nested JSON) / XML formats
- Knowledge of Git (Github, Bitbucket, or similar)
- 2+ years knowledge & experience with Spark, Hadoop or other big data technologies (especially in AWS)
- Experience in building and maintaining large scale, low latency data-marts.
- Excellent analytical/problem solving skills
- Bonus points if you have experience with GCS, BigQuery, Tableau, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Redis, Kafka/Kinesis, Node.js, machine learning, statistical programming (R, SAS), marketing or the travel industry experience
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and four years related experience
Tuesday, October 24, 2017