Industrial Sales Representative
- Pasco, WA, United States
Northwest Pump & Equipment is seeking Industrial Sales Representatives in the Pasco, Washington area. A great candidate will have a solid background in Industrial Compressor or Pump products. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a history of profitable sales growth, a knack for selling through providing solutions and a passion for securing new customers.
This position requires travel in the surrounding designated territory, specifically SE Washington, NE Oregon and Southern Idaho, as well as travel for various factory training and sales meetings. You’ll be an active team member with great support and interaction with the rest of our Industrial Team (about 20 team members). NW Pump is a large distributor of industrial equipment with over 60 years in the industry and a strong presence in the Western US.
If you are an energetic and friendly salesperson ready for a new challenge now is the time to apply!
What does this role require?
- Professionally represent Northwest Pump & Equipment by educating customers and generating profitable sales
- Grow sales with existing customers
- Develop a strong knowledge of compressed air systems and industrial pump equipment and electrical components and continue to develop this knowledge with time in the role. Able to develop a high level of expertise regarding product lines and industry best practices. Typical products for this market include stationary compressor products, nitrogen generators, parts and accessories, PD blowers, piping systems and valves, pump and related accessories
- Increase customer awareness of our other products including service packages, replacement parts and peripheral equipment. Display or demonstrate products, respond effectively to customer's questions
- Provide superior customer service and investigate and resolve customer issues
- Support service efforts by working with service technicians to help customers
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 3 years profitable sales related experience; experience selling in the industrial equipment industry
- Knowledge of compressed air systems and industrial pumps and motors, and electrical components
- Ability to learn new skills and product lines, and apply that new knowledge effectively
- Excellent customer service, relationship skills
- Ability to work autonomously, and as a team; self-motivated
- Strong computer skills such as Word, Excel, and Outlook are essential
- Excellent math skills, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Proven history of being reliable and dependable; ability to perform work with minimal to no supervision/ assistance
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, with all levels of customers and coworkers is essential; ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Ability to contribute to an "Ownership Culture" and understands all decisions have an impact on our business
- Must possess and maintain a safe driving record with valid driver's license
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen, background check and motor vehicle report
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred
- Strong Math, Science or Engineering background
- Previous experience with a CRM such as Microsoft Dynamics or Salesforce a plus
NWP offers a competitive pay and benefits package which includes medical and dental insurance, life and LTD insurance, 401k plan with Employer Match, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and shares of company stock, vacation pay, sick time pay, holiday pay, wellness programs and other great company provided benefits and activities.
NW Pump is a family founded business that started in the Pacific NW and has grown over the years to 18 locations across 8 states.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply today! EEO Employer/Vets/Disabled
Thursday, November 3, 2022
$71k - $116k