Northwest Pump - Portland - Industrial Applications Engineer
- Portland, OR, United States
Northwest Pump is seeking an Industrial Applications Engineer. This role provides applications support for pumps and rotating machinery and related accessories. This is an exciting opportunity to work with an experienced Industrial Applications team.
We are looking for an Industrial Applications Engineer with an education in engineering or mechanical sales background with the ability and eagerness to learn and apply new knowledge and skills. This is a great position for someone with pump or other related industrial experience who is energetic and ready for a new challenge.
This position receives applications support requests from their customers, listens to their needs, and with the help of the sales team, selects the best products and services available from the NW Pump product lines to meet the customer’s needs. This role provides order entry, quotes and supporting documentation for the applicable product or service.
Northwest Pump is a distributor of petroleum and industrial equipment, located throughout the Western United States. We are an innovative, yet well-established company celebrating over 60 years in business.
What are we looking for?
- Pump experience a plus!
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or related field
- Excellent customer service and relationship skills
- Excellent math skills, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to organize, plan, and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to learn new skills and product lines, and apply that new knowledge effectively
- History of being reliable and dependable
- Ability to work autonomously, and as a team; self-motivated
- Great communication skills
- Computer savvy
- Ability to contribute to an "Ownership Culture"
Why choose NW Pump?
- We offer a competitive wage and benefits package including medical and dental insurance, life insurance, LTD insurance, 401k, shares of company stock (ESOP), vacation and sick time
- You’ll get to work with knowledgeable and supportive team members
- You’ll get to have a significant impact at the largest distributor of petroleum equipment in the western US without the big company feel
- This is a full-time position, working regular business hours, Monday through Friday
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
Want to know more?
- Check out our website (nwpump.com) or find us on social media!
- We are ready to fill this as soon as we have the right person for the role, so if you believe you could be that person, don’t miss out on this great opportunity, apply today! EEO Employer/ Vets/ Disabled
Monday, November 14, 2022
$27 - $31 hourly DOE