- Crescent City, CA
Quality Assurance (QA) Manager
Rumiano Cheese Company (https://rumianocheese.com) is California's oldest (founded in 1919) family-owned cheese company, dedicated to the manufacture, packaging and distribution of the highest quality cheese, butter, and value-added products. Rumiano’s focus is providing customers with the utmost service and quality achieved by exceeding expectations in all ways. Rumiano Cheese Company’s long-lasting success is due to a highly talented team, which has included four generations of the Rumiano family. Rumiano Cheese is an innovative, growing company whose legacy is built on family, commitment, and trust. Rumiano and its farms are dedicated to safety and sustainability, and the highest quality products for the customers and families who enjoy it.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) Manager to lead and support the continuous improvement of food safety and food quality performance. They will ensure all quality policies, programs and procedures are effectively developed, implemented, and managed throughout the manufacturing process. The Quality Assurance Manager will perform duties which support the company’s QA and operational key indicators as well as verify all products to ensure Food Safety, Quality and SQF 9.0 standards and specifications are met. This position reports directly to the Operations Manager.
Key Responsibilities & Activities:
- Direct quality control and food safety efforts to ensure requirements for processing components and other materials into finished goods and products conform to quality standards
- Responsible for review, verification, validation, and sustainability of the SQF system; acts as SQF practitioner
- Works directly with manufacturing to schedule and control inspection activities and to enforce requirements as specified by raw materials, ingredients, products and package specifications, and regulatory agencies
- Review and document quality information and prepare reports and/or manuals
- Works with research and development during new product start-ups and establishes checkpoints for testing new products and processes
- Develop and initiate standards and methods for inspections, testing, and evaluation and corrective action
- Lead and facilitate consumer and customer complaint resolution and reduction activity.
- Establish programs to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment testing and measurement and analyze equipment and facility
- Optimization of product recipes to improve yield and compliance with customer specification.
- Optimization of raw material control and use within recipes.
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in food science or related
- 2+ years’ Quality Assurance experience in food or beverage manufacturing
- Experience with FDA and Quality Systems rules and regulations, including planning and implementation
- SQF Practitioner training and certification strongly preferred
- Demonstrated problem solving skills including root cause, corrective, and preventive action
- Strong communication skills; fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English; Spanish speaking a plus
- Excellent organizational, attention to detail and time management skills; Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience in dairy manufacturing a big plus
Rumiano Cheese seeks diversity among our staff and is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Monday, March 29, 2021